Pups for Sale
Members who wish to register puppies for sale with the club uphold the
RBT Club CODE OF ETHICS.
New ruling; Re-AGM 2007; To advertise a litter on this page membership
must be fully paid up for One year
To register your litter contact :
Assistant Secretary Josie Bunting email@example.com
Puppies For Sale
The Kennel Club http://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/
choosing the right puppy/dog http://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/item/427
Assured Breeder Scheme/requirements: ; http://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/item/474
How will the Assured B. scheme be policed? http://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/item/421
THE RUSSIAN BLACK TERRIER CLUB CODE OF ETHICS.
All MEMBERS of the Russian Black Terrier Club’, undertake to abide by the Code of Ethics.
It is more than a code, it is a solemn oath by you of …Love,…Commitment,…Decency…. and
good common sense. Which when you become a Member, you commit yourself and your
conscience, not only to your R.B.T. but also to the betterment of our beloved breed the Russian
Black Terrier, so lovingly known in its homeland as THE BLACK PEARL.
The Code, I/We pledge as Club Members:
1. Will properly house, feed, water and exercise all dogs under their care and arrange for
appropriate veterinary attention if and when required.
2. Will agree without reservation that any veterinary surgeon performing an operation on any
of their dogs which alters the natural conformation of the animal, or who carries out a
caesarean section on a bitch, may report such operations to the Kennel Club.
3. Will agree that no healthy puppy will be culled. Puppies which may not conform to the
Breed Standard should be placed in suitable homes.
4. Will abide by all aspects of the Animal Welfare Act.
5. Will not create demand for, nor supply, puppies that have been docked illegally.
6. Will agree not to breed from a dog or bitch which could be in any way harmful to the dog or
to the breed.
7. Will not allow any of their dogs to roam at large or to cause a nuisance to neighbours or
those carrying out official duties.
8. Will ensure that their dogs wear properly tagged collars and will be kept leashed or under
effective control when away from home.
9. Will clean up after their dogs in public places or anywhere their dogs are being exhibited.
10. Will only sell dogs where there is a reasonable expectation of a happy and healthy life and
will help with the re-homing of a dog if the initial circumstances change.
11. Will supply written details of all dietary requirements and give guidance concerning
responsible ownership when placing dogs in a new home.
12. Will ensure that all relevant Kennel Club documents are provided to the new owner when
selling or transferring a dog, and will agree, in writing, to forward any relevant documents at
the earliest opportunity, if not immediately available.
13. Will not sell any dog to commercial dog wholesalers, retail pet dealers or directly or
indirectly allow dogs to be given as a prize or donation in a competition of any kind. Will not
sell by sale or auction Kennel Club registration certificates as stand alone items (not
accompanying a dog).
14. Will not knowingly misrepresent the characteristics of the breed nor falsely advertise dogs
nor mislead any person regarding the health or quality of a dog.
15. Will agree that 'Health and Welfare', is our Priority and will fully explain to the best of my
ability, to all prospective Russian Black Terrier purchasers, not only the many advantages, but
the disadvantages of owning and the bringing up of the breed, and will NOT participate in
mixed breeding or the breeding of R.B.T’s that are K.C. endorsed by the breeder 'not for
breeding', and K.C. registered as 'Non-standard'.
16. Will agree the R.B.T. is a large breed which should not be mated before the age of 2 years
and only then depending on the bitch's physical and mental health.
17 Will agree to abide to R.B.T Clubs recommendation, that no bitch should whelp on two
successive seasons and never without regard to the well being and general health of this bitch
and not to whelp from any R.T.B. bitch after the age of 7 and that a bitch produces no more
than 4 litters.
18. Will agree not to breed a litter, if I do not have the time and facilities to devote to the proper
care and attention to the rearing of the litter and the after care of the mother. If a puppy or adult
sold by the breeder requires re-homing at any time it is the responsibility of the breeder to take
full charge of the RBT they bred.
19. Will agree and accept my responsibilities to these puppies, and confirm that I will not let
any puppy go to its new owner before that puppy is eight weeks old and that each puppy be
accompanied with a diet sheet, grooming routine, care routine, and veterinary health check..
20. Will agree not to allow or provide stud service from any of my dogs, unless I am satisfied
that the owner of the bitch making the enquires has such time and facilities.
21. Will agree that if I should become aware of any mistreatment of an R.B.T. dog/bitch, I will
report this in writing to the secretary of the R.B.T Club for discussion by the committee.
Breach of these provisions may result in expulsion from club membership, and/or disciplinary
action by the Kennel Club and/or reporting to the relevant authorities for legal action, as
appropriate. September 2008
17th November 08 The Kennel Club granted permission to include no's 15 to 21
updated clause 2 January 2011
All Show Results